Undoubtedly, one of the most romantic and most memorable moments of Cappadocia holiday is Cappadocia hot air balloon tours. Hot air balloon tours that you attend with your family or friends give you the opportunity to see the landscapes you have never seen and to experience the emotions you never felt.
You can be amazed at how miraculous nature is to look at the insatiable views for minutes in the balloon tour where time stops and breaths are held. Balloon tours in Cappadocia region in our country give us the chance to get to know the geography we live in better.
On special occasions, you can surprise your loved ones with a hot air balloon tour with events such as birthdays or anniversaries and give them a gift they will never forget.
You can see fairy chimneys, underground cities and witness the history thanks to the balloon tours in Cappadocia. Would you like to learn interesting information and amazing facts about hot air balloon tours which are indispensable for the holidays? After you know these facts, all you know about hot air balloon tours will be turned upside down.
1. The first subjects of the hot air balloon were a duck, a lamb and a rooster. Yes, you did not read it wrong! The first manned flight trials were launched in Paris by the Frenchman Joseph Michel Montgolfier and his brother Jacques Etienne Montgolfier. One of the manned trial flights took place in Paris on September 19, 1783, and the balloon was ventilated by placing a duck, a lamb and a cock in the basket of the balloon.
2. After the balloon tour, champagne is served from French culture. The first balloon flight trials took place in Paris on farms and fields. These flights, initiated by the French aristocrats, began to disturb and frighten workers in the fields over time. Even the farmers were so scared that there were even those who believed that the balloons were dragons. As such, the French aristocrats provided the farmers to calm down by offering champagne after the flight. This tradition that goes back many years still continues today. Wines served after balloon tours help passengers relax and start a pleasant day.
3. The most interesting of the hot air balloons are found in Bristol. Those who get on the hot air balloon with a glass basket are afraid of the view under their feet, but they start to get used to it later. The hot air balloon made from the glass basket, which was flown in 2010, continues to attract the attention of tourists who love adventure and height today. If your path falls to Bristol, you can experience this incredible experience.
4. Did you know that there is a hot air balloon festival that takes place every year in the world? It is possible to see 700 balloons in the sky during the festival (9 days) at the balloon festival held in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Hot air balloons in different shapes and colors almost amaze those who see them. With balloons in the form of movie characters, castles, ghosts, you can have an experience you've never experienced before. Wherever you look at the festival area, which is 54 football fields in size, you will see colorful balloons.
5. The most important difference of the hot air balloon from other vehicles is that you cannot control the flight direction. The hot air balloon that moves in the direction of the wind is actually a matter of curiosity. Being at the heart of nature and finding directions according to the movement of the wind will be one of the most special experiences you can have. As you rise to the sky with a hot air balloon, you will completely immerse yourself in the arms of nature and you will feel that time flows more slowly.
6. Balloons are used not only for touristic or scientific purposes, but also for duels. According to the famous story in France, in 1808 two young boys fall in love with a girl in France. The two lovers, interlocking for the girl they fall in love with, decide to rise to the sky with balloons and continue their fight there. Two hot air balloons rise from the center of the village towards the sky. Of course, the village people and the girl who is the leading role in the story are among those who watch the duel. One of the young men who started to shoot each other through the balloons rising to the sky, knocks the other's balloon and falls to the ground. Then he slowly descends on his own and holds the hand of the beautiful Tirevit forever.
7. In the 7th American Civil War, hot air balloons are being used as agents for the first time. Soldiers who rose to the sky with the balloon during the war can see from which side the enemy was advancing. This method, which has worked for a long time, is banned after a while with the invention of large weapons. Thanks to the balloons, the soldiers, who determine their positions, are easily found by the enemy and started to be shot with newly developed weapons. For this reason, in 1863, the US Government banned the use of hot air balloons in wars.
8. One of the most popular activities between the years 8.1800 and 1900 was jumping from the balloon. Crazy and adventurous pilots tied themselves to the balloon that rose to the sky without a basket. After the balloon rises well in the sky, the pilots, who release themselves and jump into the space, manage to land on the ground with the applause of hundreds of people watching them below. This activity, which is a kind of parachuting activity, causes a lot of loss of life over the years.
9. Do you know why hot air balloon tours are not carried out in the rain? Hot air balloons rise to the sky under the influence of fire. Since the temperature of the fire changes when it rains, the dome of the balloon can be damaged and cause the balloon to fall down. The hot air balloon was invented in 1766 and has been used to transport people and cargo ever since. You can take the hot air balloon, which is the first useful aircraft of human beings in Cappadocia, and you can look at the dazzling views of Anatolia from the sky.